Rojo does it different



This Blog is gonna be different.I am an independent thinker and many of my ideas are not shared by the Pretty people, so be it. You are going to meet some interesting people, see some interesting places and with a bit of luck I will be able to bring a smile to your face ever now and then. Rojo
IF YOU CAN IMAGINE IT,
YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT.
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT,
YOU CAN BECOME IT.


Saturday, March 27, 2010

AMARILLO, FUN WITH FAMILY AND MOVING ON UP

Over all things were going pretty well. Jeanie was still having one  or two seizures every month but it had been that way for years. She was  in her words having " The time of her life". The shoots  were going about like normal. I was doing less work because of my shorten hours. Some of the shooters were grumbling about that, they had been as the saying goes " spoiled rotten". Before Jeanie, I spent many many hours a day in the shop and I seldom turned down a job. I had a lot more going for me now, Jeanie was just really fun to be with 24/7

We were just really getting started for the year. After this shoot we would be heading north to cooler country for the rest of the summer. I was anxious for Jeanie to meet my Daughter and her family. This was home country and I had so much I wanted to show Jeanie,and gun clubs are like Bars once you have seen one you have just about seen them all.
Jeanie, Great Granddaughter  with me at ,Guess where

My daughter, Granddaughter and Great Granddaughter
Jeanie and I with a Happy Great Granddaughter.

 We had a fun time with Sandy and her family,  We showed Jeanie the sights of Amarillo. 
The next stop after the shoot was My hometown, if a country boy has a hometown. Stinnett,Texas home of the Mighty Stinnett Rattlers.Between Amarillo and the old home place 65 miles to the north is where about 1/3 of my stories  come from. Those were much softer, gentler days for the most part.  I had some good times in " The Panhandle" but the one that ended the best for me is about Sandy and we will get to that another time. 

 The Rattler heritage center 
Standing next to some lockers out of the old High School with my Football letter jacket hanging on the open door. I donated the Jacket to the center about 10 years ago
State semi finalist trophy for the 1960 season.My last season.
Jeanie  In front of the trophy's. The 1956 team got the big one

Tomorrow: The old home Place and Elementary school.

 Thank for coming by to check on us.
Rojo








No comments:

Post a Comment