Rojo does it different



This Blog is gonna be different.I am an independent thinker and many of my ideas are not shared by the Pretty people, so be it. You are going to meet some interesting people, see some interesting places and with a bit of luck I will be able to bring a smile to your face ever now and then. Rojo
IF YOU CAN IMAGINE IT,
YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT.
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT,
YOU CAN BECOME IT.


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

ALL DAYS IN TEXAS AINT BAD... MOVING MOUNTAINS

I was Back in Texas after a wonderful 5 days with Jeanie celebrating the New year 2003 on the Colorado River in Parker, AZ. I didn't know if I was cutting a watermelon or Baking a cake. Jeanie and I had decided we wanted to be together and there were a lot of Mountains to climb, dig through or just plain move. It was a given that Blackie had to go, no way to get Jeanie and a 350 pound electric wheelchair in Blackie.


Blackie had been OK for a Boar's nest for me on the road but I certainly couldn't expect Jeanie to live in it.

After considerable thought and mind changing, I decided a conventional truck( long nose) with a condo sleeper was the way to go. In the mean time I could be remolding the "box" that would be the living quarters and be on the look out for a conventional truck to transfer the "box" to. I had Volvo truck in mind because it had a condo sleeper that was 9 foot high and 5 foot deep.

I decided that I would start with  having a wheelchair lift put in what would be the living quarters and then work around that. I wanted the lift where the side entry door was. It turned out to be a good plan because it took me 10 months to find just the right truck.


Maybe I better stop and "splain" something here. Number 1 is I don't buy new vehicles. The only exception to that was in 1985 when I bought two Yugos. One for one of my Daughters and one for my girlfriend for $2500 each cash. Number 2 is no RV manufacturer can or will, build a unit  as good as I can. They don't plan on living in it or repairing it when things eventually wear out.  This was not my first Rodeo at building an RV and it may not be my last.



Wheelchair lift installed. Wow no more using a step ladder to get in and out. I have an elevator just like up town. How do you like that Prevost Motorcoach INC.?

 Now... as some of you already know and some of you may have figured out. I am an opinionated ole cuss.My opinions are  my reality, it doesn't make them right or wrong, it just makes them my reality.... with that said. 

Being a 4th generation Texan, I think Texas weather generally sucks. The only time of the year that makes it tolerable is when the spring flowers bloom, If the hail or a tornado don't take them out. This is the only thing I was looking forward to about being in Texas for another year, while I worked on building what was to become " Jeanie's Bottle"
 
 
 

I know it is not a Desert Bloom but they are pretty.

Tomorrow: I-35 roadrunner
I plan on having a great day, I hope you will join me.

Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment