Rojo does it different



This Blog is gonna be different.I am an independent thinker and many of my ideas are not shared by the Pretty people, so be it. You are going to meet some interesting people, see some interesting places and with a bit of luck I will be able to bring a smile to your face ever now and then. Rojo
IF YOU CAN IMAGINE IT,
YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT.
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT,
YOU CAN BECOME IT.


Tuesday, January 5, 2010

THEY WON'T LET ME DRIVE THE TRAIN

They won't let me drive the train. They won't let me blow the train horn. They won't let me decide where the train goes. They won't let me decide when the train leaves. Just let this dang train be late and see who they blame.  Now that is STRESS

We have just finished the most stressful season of the year for most folks. Hurry here, hurry there, buy this and buy that. Hurry make it to choir practice or the tree lighting or to the airport.  Where did that speed cop come from ? outta my trunk as soon as I hit that school zone. Just what I need a $100 fine or go to court and I don't have time for that. Soccer, basketball ,football, tennis, Dance class. drop off and pick up or was it pick up and drop off? . Hello... why is he in ER this time is he gonna be OK?  Hello...   NO, it's not, I paid the bill a week before it was due and my online bank statement shows  you cashed the check 2 days before the payment was due.The  retirement plan I have faithfully invested in  for 20 plus years is crumbling  and on and on and on, Do you feel like you are living in a 24/7 Tornado that you can't escape from and are spinning round and round?


Any of that sound familiar? Jeanie and I live an almost stress free life. It has not always been that way. At one time we were caught up in the, I have to please people no matter the cost to my sanity or well being and above all don't just keep up with the Joneses ,BE THE JONESES. We didn't even know each other then. Ima thinking that is a good thing because we probably would not be together now and we would be missing what life is all about.

I have read in other Blogs that people were so relived that the Christmas/ New Year season is over and that they survived another stressful season  I am so grateful that I dont have to live like that anymore. Maybe I better splain a little about why we live the way we do and what brought it about.

Jeanie and I are not of the Christian faith ,or any organized religion for that matter,We have no problem with those who are, you know what they say, Well you do know don't you?, about a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do. Jeanie says that is written in the wrong gender :-).

 We believe in random acts of kindness and giving year round. We don't exchange Christmas gifts or get involved in the Christmas shopping , except for a dab of Christmas candy a  a few Claxton fruit cakes http://www.claxtonfruitcake.com/ for our personal use. We love our friends but we aint nuts, we are not going to give our claxtons away.

It just kinda warms the heart to give that homeless guy some groceries or give someone a gift just because or take a container of posole to a guy who missed his New Years posole or or give someone in a tight spot $20 and I said give not loan. No stress involved.

While I am on the subject of giving I want to express how much I appreciate what Al and Kelly and Dave and Cindy have done for Our Dear friend Belle Starr. You may not know Al,Kelly,Dave and Cindy but I'll bet you know Betty or Kris or Sue or Bob or Allen or John and today might be a real good time to tell them what they mean to you and how much you appreciate them.

Then you might want to step back and take a look see at the stress in your life and ask yourself if it is honestly worth what it is bringing you..Is that car payment worth the  stress it takes to get the $ to pay it and the high dollar insurance premium. or that beautiful leather living room sofa and matching chairs or that $3,000 propane stainless steel grill that you use 3 times a year  If it takes material things to make you feel good about yourself then you might outta  back off and take another look at what is missing in your life.

I did that a good many years ago  and Jeanie says she got her backbone back. just a couple of years ago, with a tad of coaching, It is a mighty good feeling..
I plan to have a great stress free day and I sure hope you will join me.
Rojo

3 comments:

  1. Did you know Mr. Rogers was one of the highest decorated men in WWII, that's why he always puton a sweater-badly burned-and still fighting. Capt. Kangaroo was shot in the chest 4 times trying to get the men off the beach and to the cover of water wall, they were all easy targets out in the open, so I'll live in Mr. Rogers area and be proud to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled on this post while trying to find all the words to the silly stress poem. I couldn't help reading the rest of the post and now I'm tears. I wanted the poem to share with a coworker as we are in caught up in a nasty eternal tornado of ..... well now that you mention it, things that really don't matter as much as we act like they do. I'm a gypsy heart too and I'm handcuffed to a job and a lifestyle and debt that tend to blind me to what is truly important. Maybe you don't blog much these days (seems a bit neglected since 2010), but I hope you will see my comment and know that this posted touched a total stranger and had a wonderful impact. THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You LifeLearner42
    The blog turned in to a stressful thing trying to meet a self imposed deadline every day. I have so much to write about and share that it became so time consuming that I didn't have time to live life.
    I will get back to it some day and I have 5 more years of adventures to write about. A couplde of the major things i want to write about will be the transformation of Jeanie's Bottle to "J&R's Roadhouse" and the Health progress Jeanie has made over that period of time. Both are simply a work of love.

    please check back time to time or follow us for updates. I promise I wont be filling your inbox every day, atleast not for another year or so.
    Rojo

    ReplyDelete