Rojo does it different



This Blog is gonna be different.I am an independent thinker and many of my ideas are not shared by the Pretty people, so be it. You are going to meet some interesting people, see some interesting places and with a bit of luck I will be able to bring a smile to your face ever now and then. Rojo
IF YOU CAN IMAGINE IT,
YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT.
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT,
YOU CAN BECOME IT.


Friday, January 1, 2010

A LIFETIME AGO

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 
 JANUARY 1,1950.... 7 years old , living in our new home that Dad and Mom had just built on our farm/ranch near Pringle,Tx. Looking out that huge "Picture window" at the cold Texas panhandle and playing with my new Road grader I had just gotten for Christmas. That Road grader along with many other family heirlooms was taken in a burglary in 1992.

JANUARY1,1960.....Millard Harrison, Wayne Ferguson and I were celebrating  the new year at Wayne's Family home above the Ferguson Hardware store in Stinnett,TX.

JANUARY 1,1970..... My first day in Roswell NM. I had spent the night in the Drivers Bunkhouse at Woody's Truck Stop waiting to meet my new Boss the next day.I was hired as "First seat driver" on a team operation hauling bulk Whiskey from Kentucky to California and Brandy from California to New York.

JANUARY 1, 1980..... Capitan,NM  My best bud and I were guiding a Mountain lion hunt for some Texas "Oil Men"

JANUARY 1,1990....El Paso,TX  painting and remodeling a house that I owned.

JANUARY 1,2000.... Red Mountain Trap and skeet club Mesa AZ, waiting for Y2K to end  life as we knew it.

JANUARY 1,2010  Yorba Linda,CA  looking out the huge window at the beautiful green grass  flowers blooming everywhere and playing with my 1950 model Road Grader, just like the one I got for Christmas in 1950. I spotted it on ebay. Jeanie , the love of my life, bought it for me.Remolding the house, upgrading the solar on the motor home and making the van into a day tripper conversion.Making the first post on my new Blog, I must be nuts.

What a time to start a blog. It was planned for 2007, on the way to spend the summer in Alaska, but as they say." The best laid plans of  Bill Clinton and John McCain sometimes go astray". Medical stuff has kept us tied to the sticks and bricks home, when we want to be in our real home "JEANIE'S BOTTLE" the motor home.

WELCOME, I hope you will come back often. Some days I may post several times and some days I may post only once. Between January1,1950 and January 1, 2010 is a life time of stories, I am going to share some of them with you, I am going to introduce you to some interesting people and places.I will try my best to inform and entertain you.With all that I have going on in my life right now, my expectations may be a tad to high but I will do my dead level best to not disappoint you by not posting. If you care enough to come here I owe it to you to give you something to come here for EVERYDAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment