Rojo does it different



This Blog is gonna be different.I am an independent thinker and many of my ideas are not shared by the Pretty people, so be it. You are going to meet some interesting people, see some interesting places and with a bit of luck I will be able to bring a smile to your face ever now and then. Rojo
IF YOU CAN IMAGINE IT,
YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT.
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT,
YOU CAN BECOME IT.


Saturday, January 9, 2010

BACK TO THE BILL CLINTON/ JOHN MC CAIN FACTOR

 You know that Theory dont you?..... The best laid plans of Bill and John Blah Blah Blah.... Well It happen again yesterday TWICE.

Because of the weather in the Midwest and East my UPS shipment was delayed. It was suppose to be here on the 6th and we were gonna be out of here like Seabiscuit out the starting gate.  My Monica and Sarah was a frigid.stinking Blizzard. But the second time it occurred  Monica and Sarah were hotter than a $2 pistol.

We were some what sure when we called the shipper for the Honda generator propane conversion kit, to get a tracking  number, that the kit would not arrive yesterday. UPS tracking system showed that the package was in
HODGKINS, ILLINOIS,  which is basically Chicago. we assumed right , when we got back from Jeanie's Physical Therapy , guess what No package. that means Monday before it will be here which means we will only be 5 days late getting to Douglas.



No use fuming, ranting and raving just makes RV KITTY mad and then I have another problem to deal with.

 I decided to  to fix Supper for Jeanie. Her taste buds were set on scrambled eggs with onion, Jalapeno and maple sausage links.  I decided to surprise her and bake a cherry Twist bread loaf...... Well maybe that one was for me but I knew she would go for it too.  I did my best calculations and figured I could have the Cherry twist bread cooling about the time she finished her supper.

 All was on schedule and working like a fine Swiss watch. I was in the kitchen in my best Betty Crocker apron and Chef hat  with a big grin on my face. This Cherry twist bread was smelling fine and just about ready to come out of the oven when Jeanie came around the corner into the kitchen, closely followed by our Nephew Kevin and a friend Tom. Ima tellin ya this stuff smelled good. I took the Cherry twist,  in my best PYREX baking dish, out of the oven and put it on the front burner of the stove to put the icing on and let it cool.


We were all standing around in the kitchen  salivating  waiting for the Cherry twist to cool....... NUMBER 2 C&M,(short for Clinton and McCain) Factor happened...... I had cooked Jeanie's supper on the front burner of the electric stove, set on medium high, and forgot to turn it off. I set the glass baking dish containing the Cherry twist bread on the same burner, not remembering I had not turned it off.  As we were all Jacking our jaws,KABOOOOOOM, glass, icing, and Cherry twist bread is flying everywhere.


I think Jeanie's wheelchair even cleared the floor by at least 3-4 inches and the other 3 of us a heck of a lot more.No one was hurt ,which is a miracle in it's self......  BUT... we now have glass, icing, and Cherry twist on the ceiling ,on the floor, on the counter, on the side of the fridge and slowly oozing down between the crack of the electric burner, and me standing there in my Best Betty Crocker apron and Chef Hat.  My friends, that picture is front page stuff and NO you aint gonna get to see it because I could not hold the camara still enough to take a picture of that mess.


As for the picture of the little white house in yesterday's blog, I am going to give my Texas friends one more day to come up with an answer. Do you proud Texans really know your Texas History?


I plan on having a great day, I hope you will join me.


Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment