Rojo does it different



This Blog is gonna be different.I am an independent thinker and many of my ideas are not shared by the Pretty people, so be it. You are going to meet some interesting people, see some interesting places and with a bit of luck I will be able to bring a smile to your face ever now and then. Rojo
IF YOU CAN IMAGINE IT,
YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT.
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT,
YOU CAN BECOME IT.


Sunday, January 31, 2010

A GOLD MINE ON TOP OF THE HILL

Yesterday I left off with us setting on top of a hill at Ham's Napa auto parts store in Roberta, GA. 
  Before dark we had a visitor. A City of Roberta Police car pulled up to Jeanie's Bottle. The first thought in my mind and most Boondockers minds when a law Enforcement officer pulls up is" I am going to be ask to move". I was prepared to tell this officer that I had ordered parts from Napa and the sales person told me I could stay as long as I like.
  Surprise, when I went out to Meet the officer he was extending his hand in friendship and Introduced himself. Captain Scott Moore officially welcomed us to Roberta and Crawford County and ask if he could help us in any way.
  That was the start of a very pleasant visit and a world of information about the area. Officer Moore told us about the origin of the Republic of Texas Flag, Crawford County Pottery,Auchumpkee Creek Covered Bridge in adjoining Upson County and tons of other information. We knew we had struck a gold mine on top of the hill.
  After a lengthy and extremely pleasant visit Officer Moore had to leave only to return some time later with two Sand Dollars that he had picked up on the beach,which he presented to Jeanie as a gift.Even though they were gently wrapped in tissue paper and stored in a wooden box, the smallest of the two has suffered some damage.
 

In my Home Town  we had an officer who was a friend to everyone first, than an officer. His name was H.L. Wilbanks. We didn't call him Officer Wilbanks, we called him H. So I guess I will just say "Thanks Scott"

H. WILBANKS...Thank you too
The Gold standard of what a man and Law enforcement should be.

I plan to have a great day ,I hope you will join me
Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment