Rojo does it different



This Blog is gonna be different.I am an independent thinker and many of my ideas are not shared by the Pretty people, so be it. You are going to meet some interesting people, see some interesting places and with a bit of luck I will be able to bring a smile to your face ever now and then. Rojo
IF YOU CAN IMAGINE IT,
YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT.
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT,
YOU CAN BECOME IT.


Sunday, April 4, 2010

Beautiful rock formations and fine melons

As we pulled out of Bluff. UT about 8:30-9 the sky began to clear and it looked like it was going to be a beautiful day for strolling along. I was somewhere between the  retired mode and the working tourist mode, I just didn't know it yet. Back in the total working days I set my sights on being where I was going if it was less than 800 miles  that day.

I had my sights set on Green River ,UT,about 175 miles away for the day. It still had not, and it would be sometime before it, occurred to me that I didn't have to be anywhere by any set time. The motivating factor for me that day was the fine melons and veggies that the little roadside fruit stand in Green River had. I had been stopping there for years when I went to the  Salt Lake City shoots.

We  admired the colors in the rock and formations as we were riding and gliding northbound on U.S. 163/191.
 Every mile was different  and breathtaking.We found a little souvenir rock the color of the blue in those Bluffs, for Jeanie

On past church rock to Wilson Arch
This picture was taken with Jeanie on her wheelchair lift 4 feet off the ground. We had waited for about an hour for those people you see over her  shoulder, to come down off the rock so we could get this picture. This place was picked cleaner than a possum carcass at a Buzzard banquet, when it came to little souvenir rocks, Sorry Jeanie.

 When we got to Infernal-State 70 we turned West for about 15 miles to  Green River,UT home of some mighty fine Melons
She believed me this time when I told her we were going to have a yellow meat Watermelon. They were not as big as the Texas melons so we just bought 2-3 and a bunch of other veggies. I have probably been to that fruit stand a dozen times and I still dont know the name of it. If you get to Green River it is on the right as you are going west. Plenty of room to park and well worth the stop.. We spent the night there 

Tomorrow: A trail drive, Flaming Gorge and dang near in Wyoming

I plan to have a Great day, I hope you will Join me
and
Thanks for coming by to check on us.

Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment